Today I started my Christmas shopping. Not the gift-getting, per say, but the actual shopping. The a million-people, no parking spaces, empty shelves kind of shopping.
And what a day it was indeed…
After waiting in line 36 minutes to buy a $3 powdered sugar sifter, I walked to the parking lot, searching like an aimless lunatic for my car, forgetting I was in my sister’s car, and getting completely drenched by the stormy grays above. After shoveling my stuff hurriedly in the back and fiddling with unfamiliar keys, I finally turned the lock hoping to hear the soft purr of an engine ready to get me the heck out of dodge. What I heard instead was Eartha Kitt, blaring “Santa Baby” in a way that made me feel like I was in a Lifetime Christmas movie. A bad, bad Christmas movie.
Soaking wet and lambasting crowds, I drove away plaintively intending to retreat to a hot cup of coffee and amazon.com… Driving down the road, I let my mind wander; wander to gifts I can’t wait to give, people I can’t wait to see, and, obvi, treats I can’t wait to bake. The next thing I know I am singing along with my girl Eartha, begging Santa to slip a sable under the tree. I’m such a pushover.
Here are: My favorite gift picks for her this Christmas season
Enjoy Perusing With: Pandora Christmas and a ceramic boot of eggnog
1. Original Wellies by Hunter; $125
2. Suede Invitation Clutch by J.Crew; $118
3. Layton Large Chronograph Watch by Michael Kors; $250
4. Acrylic Monogram Necklace by Poppy’s Closet; $58
5. Tortoise Sunglasses by Marc Jacobs; $98
6. Tweed Throw by Nordstrom; $58
7. Classic Trifold Wallet by Marc Jacobs; $198
8. Large Logo Studs by Tory Burch; $68
9. Lulu Frost Bangles by J.Crew; $68
10. Monogram iPhone Cover by daninotes; $55
11. Leopard Fringe Scarf by Michael Kors; $50